Chia seed is on the rise as a super healthy food in recent years. This little baby is rich in fiber, protein, copper, calcium, zinc, potassium, and omega 3 fatty acids and 6.
Want to know another reason why chia seeds are called super food or super healthy foods? Reported from boldsky.com, here is the explanation.
- Two tablespoons of chia seeds can account for 32% of daily magnesium requirement for your body.
- It is known that the berries are rich in antioxidants. But it turns out chia seeds contain more antioxidants than berries.
- Most of you think that spinach is the best source of iron. But it turns out chia seeds contain iron 3 times more than spinach.
- Banana is a fruit that contains high potassium. But eating 2 tablespoons chia seeds can meet 64% of daily potassium needs.
- Research shows that 2 tablespoons of chia seeds provide more omega-3 fatty acids than salmon.
- Eating 2 tablespoons of chia seed is able to give calcium 5 times more than a glass of milk.
In addition to the above facts, chia seeds also contain healthy protein so it is suitable for consumption for you who are dieting and in the muscle building program.